Mayor Update – COVID-19
Update from Mayor Mazzulla on Coronavirus COVID-19 and our community 3/18/2020
All Stone Park team members have been working diligently to help our residents, business owners and visitors manage through this pandemic. We are in regular communication with the Illinois Department of Public Health, Cook County and many other organizations. The updates and information coming in is very fluid and rapid. We will update our residents as quickly as we can but encourage you to reference the Illinois Department of Public Health at dph.illinois.gov or the Center for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov for in depth information.
This community has always been very close-knit but times like this it’s more important than ever to come together and help each other. We have all mastered the skills of practicing social distancing, continue to wash hands frequently, cover your cough, stay home as much as possible and wipe common areas often with Lysol, bleach or other sanitizing products.
Out of an abundance of caution we have suspended or postponed the following:
• Community Center will be closed until March 31, 2020
• Village Committee and Board Meeting of March 24, 2020 has been closed to the public
• All sub-committee meetings have been cancelled for March
• Adjudication Court for March 18th and April 15th has been postponed until May 20th. Red Light Court for March 24th and April 14th are postponed until April 28th. No additional costs or fines will be imposed due to this due date change
• Residents and business owners are urged to pay water bills online through www.vosp.us or at the drop box inside the Police Station at 1629 N. Mannheim Road. Credit card payments can be taken over the phone by calling 708-345-5550
• Banquet Hall rentals are suspended until further notice
As always, call 9-1-1 for any medical emergencies. Our Police and Fire response plans haven’t changed and are in full effect. Check in on your neighbors and the elderly often to ensure they have what they need.
Feel free to call our office with any questions or concerns.
– Mayor Beniamino Mazzulla